Rita Mae Brown
Membership entitles you to borrow materials from any of the 6 branches of the Blue Mountains Library Service and Book Express. It also entitles you to free Internet access. Membership applications can be completed at any library branch or downloaded here. Current I.D with proof of address is required.
- Free to all residents, ratepayers and also non-residents who work or go to school in the Blue Mountains area.
- Non-residents may apply for reciprocal membership if appropriate, or temporary membership which is subject to a fee.
- Applications for Junior Membership (under 16 years) must be signed by a parent or guardian who accepts responsibility for items borrowed on the card.
- Members should always have their card with them to book a computer or to borrow. You are responsible for all items borrowed on your card. Fees apply to access services without a card or to replace a lost card.
- Extended Loan Membership is offered to borrowers who are genuinely homebound and unable to visit the library without assistance and borrowers who have difficulties reading and/or handling print material on a permanent or temporary basis (ie. through vision impairment, learning difficulties, illness or physical disability). An Eligibility for Extended Loan Membership referral form must be completed with their medical practitioner, health care professional or care provider/facility.
- Temporary internet memberships are offered for those who do not wish to borrow library materials. There is a charge for this membership and it can be for a period of 7 or 30 days. See the library fees and charges for current costs.