Technology & Internet Access
Internet and Email
- Internet access is available at all branches. Use of the internet is in accordance with Blue Mountains City Library’s Acceptable Use Guidelines which can be read here.
- Access is free to library members. Cards must be presented.
- Limited access is available for non-members for a small fee.
- Bookings are available as 1 hour or 1/2 hour sessions. Maximum usage of 1.5 hours per day.
- Advance bookings are recommended for computer use during busy periods. Bookings cancel 10 minutes after scheduled starting times.
- Persons under 16 must have Junior Internet Membership or be accompanied a parent or guardian to access the Internet.
- Computers in all branches have Microsoft Word, Publisher & Excel and access to Google Docs and other online word processing applications. Bookings are advisable.
- Black and white and colour printing from public computers is available at all branches for a small fee per page.
- Katoomba Branch also has a staff operated laminating service up to A4 size. Fees apply.
- Springwood Branch offers on site use of assistive technology for those who are visually or print impaired.
- Springwood Branch has a Kurzweil 3000 - a computer-based scanning system for people who are blind or have a reading disability. Used to access books, magazines and newspapers. Suitable for people who are already computer literate.
- Free Wi-Fi is available at all branches. Download and time limits apply.
- Printing is not currently available over Wi-Fi.
- Black and white, coin operated photocopying machines are available for public use at all branches.
- Colour copiers are also available at Springwood and Katoomba Libraries.
- Scanning facilities are available at Springwood, Katoomba and Blaxland branches using one of the public computers.
- Faxing facilities are available at Katoomba, Blaxland, Blackheath, Lawson and Wentworth Falls branches. Fees apply.